All Brand New products at BC Appliances come with a minimum 12 months manufacturer’s warranty (unless otherwise specified). You must retain a copy of the tax invoice and contact the manufacturer directly if you require warranty service and repairs.
All factory seconds products at BC Appliances come with a 12 months back to base warranty (unless otherwise specified).
All Factory Second Products from Samsung and LG come with a back to base warranty therefore you must retain the original packaging in the unlikely event the item must be returned to us under warranty. We will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage suffered if you do not comply with the Returns & Exchanges Policy as well as the Terms and Conditions set out on this page.
BC Appliances will cover the cost of shipping both ways if your item is dead on arrival (DOA), not as described or faulty within the first 14 days of receiving the item. After the first 14 days, the customer will be responsible for all shipping costs in relation to sending the item to and from our Sydney warehouse for any warranty service and repairs.
We do not ship factory second whitegoods outside the Sydney metropolitan area. Customers who wish to pick up goods from outside Sydney will have no warranty coverage due to serviceability. It is also not safe to ship products outside Sydney due to the absence of original packaging. Customers who decide to pick up goods from outside Sydney do so at their risk and understanding of the warranty limitations.
Factory Second Samsung White Goods are serviced onsite if the item is within 20 KM radius of Punchbowl NSW otherwise the item falls under back to base warranty.
Factory Second Samsung TVs are back to base warranty in all cases.
Factory Second LG, Hisense White Goods & TVs are back to base warranty in all cases.
General Policy around Television warranty (Non-Commercial TVs)
- TVs are to be used indoor or in the safe surrounding and environment.1.
- TVs are to be used not more than 12 hours per day.
- 3 Months warranty apply if the TV is used Commercially (Unless the TV is a Commercial TV)
BC Appliances Warranty Policy
Contact the place of purchase for Warranty Repairs & General Service
1. Subject to the conditions below, factory second products are warranted for labor and parts for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase (unless otherwise specified).
2. The warranty covers normal domestic use only; and where the product is being used for a commercial purpose or the product was purchased for resale (wholesale purchase) the warranty period is three (3) months from the date of purchase. This warranty is not transferable. Normal domestic use does not include using the product in caravans, mobile homes, buses, aircraft or sea craft.
3. This warranty does not cover any product sold or supplied by us that is covered by a warranty given by a third party, such as the product manufacturer, agent, distributor or supplier.
4. Factory Seconds products may have imperfections, for example physical damage, missing pixels, corrosion, etc that do not affect the operation or performance of the unit. All products are sold on an ‘as is’ basis and the customer is responsible for inspecting the product before purchase and the warranty does not cover any such imperfection.
5. This warranty is on a “return to base” basis. This means the customer is responsible for bringing any product back to the place of purchase for service under warranty and for collecting it afterwards. Subject to our operational constraints, we may need to carry out off-site service and repairs in which case a loan product will be provided at our discretion free of charge. The customer is responsible for ensuring the loan product is returned in the same condition as it was received.
6. This warranty does not cover and is not limited to exclusion of the following:
a) any costs associated with the de-installation, re-installation, delivery, handling, freighting, transportation of the product or any part thereof or replacement and does not extend to any damage or loss occurring during, or associated with, transit. Insurance against such loss or damage is the responsibility of the customer, b) missing remotes or other accessories, trims, brackets or installation components, physical damage or breakages to any part of the product after the purchaser or their agent has taken delivery of the product. c) any defect or injury caused by or resulting from incorrect installation, misuse, abuse, neglect, accidental damage, improper voltage, or any alteration which affects the reliability or the performance of the unit, not attributable to faulty manufacture or components. d) faults or damage to the product caused by foreign objects or substances including coins, bra wires, jewelry; hair pins, nails, spillages and blockages. e) faults or damage caused by pests such as rats, mice or cockroaches. f) damage to or faults with video heads, audio heads, lasers, or stylus resulting from wear and tear in normal use; dust or other particles on LCD lenses. g) loss or damage to CDs, DVDs, video tapes, or other storage media or the loss of stored data on hard drives. h) any consequential damage, such as water damage or loss of perishables such as food. i) consumables, such as light bulbs, filters, deodorizers, batteries, fuses. j) where the product is operating in accordance within the manufacturer’s specifications or instructions on how to use the product. k) where the user has maladjusted the controls or settings or failed to follow operating instructions, modified the product, used accessories not approved by the manufacturer, or used the product for a purpose for which it was not intended by the manufacturer. l) faults caused by acts of God, mains supply defects, external interference or defective or inadequate antenna systems or cable service. m) in-home service surcharges where the product is located outside of the Sydney metropolitan area or more than 25 km from the place of purchase; n) corrosion or any defect caused by it; o) faults, damage or losses caused by incorrect, faulty or sub-standard installation work by third parties; p) service charges where the reported fault was not caused by a fault in the product; q) any extra costs incurred by us to access and safely carry out service on any product, and especially any air conditioning product where the outdoor unit is not mounted at ground level.
7. Customers or their representatives must be available during normal business hours for the service agent to carry out the service call, and if the service agent is unable to carry out the service because the customer or their representative is not at the location of the product at the agreed time or unable to give the service agent access to the product for reasons within the responsibility of the customer or their representative, the customer will be liable for a fee of $88 for the futile service call.
8. Repair or replacement under the terms of the warranty does not give right to extension or a new beginning of the period of warranty.
9. Repairs or replacement may be carried out with functionally equivalent reconditioned parts or equivalent part. Parts that are replaced become the property of BC Appliances.
10. Any tampering with the product or unauthorised service carried out on the product voids the warranty.
11. This warranty is void if the warranty seal/barcode label on the product is missing, broken, defaced or tampered with in any way.
12. This warranty is void if the product was not installed by a person holding a valid licence to do so or if the customer is unable to provide the name and licence number of the person who installed the product.
13. Unless otherwise specified to the customer, the benefits conferred by this warranty are additional to the guarantees, rights and remedies applicable to the product under the Australian Consumer Law.
Please contact BC Appliances for warranty service and claim.
BC Appliances will arrange warranty service for you.